people translating haikyuu i wish you would hurry up i wanna meet the neko school team too dang it
Hi, Haikyuu!!’s translator here. Let me explain why saying “hurry up” to a translator is irritating, insulting, and just plain ridiculous.
1. TRANSLATING TAKES TIME.
2. I have a life and am actually under no obligation to translate things for the manga community. I just happen to really love this series.
3. TRANSLATING. TAKES. TIME.
4. Haikyuu!! is actually pretty text-heavy. Compared to the other series I translate on a regular basis (Assassination Classroom and Nurarihyon no Mago), it’s at the high end of the text scale. I’m also nowhere near fluent in Japanese. My skill level is intermediate at best.
5. Guess what? TRANSLATING TAKES TIME. I am working as quickly as I can, but I am one person translating out of the goodness of her heart (and to improve her skills) and I really reaaaally hate when people whine about translators needing to be faster. If you want fast, I’ll point you at a copy of the chapter text and google translate and you can go have a good time trying to understand the end result.
In summary: either you suck it up and be patient, you learn Japanese so you can read the chapters yourself, or you piss me off enough that I throw up my hands and google translate everything so you get a nice fast translation that also happens to make no sense whatsoever.
I don’t care if I come across as cranky or bitchy with this. I am seriously sick and tired of the “why aren’t releases coming out fasterrrr” complaint. I WILL POST THIS SORT OF STUFF AS MANY TIMES AS I HAVE TO because people just don’t seem to notice/care.Source: kagamisdong
- pedaling-through-life likes this
- fangirlfanatic likes this
- gattackattack reblogged this from kagamisdong
- gattackattack likes this
- kagamisdong reblogged this from lynxian and added:
- lynxian reblogged this from kagamisdong and added:
- hanaoka likes this
- kagamisdong posted this